Welcome to the Holy Family Institute of Nursing Education (HFINE).
HFINE is a premier institute in India that fulfils the need for highly skilled nurses who form the backbone of the modern healthcare delivery system.
Run by the Congregation of the Ursulines of Mary Immaculate, HFINE trains student-nurses with world-class infrastructure at a residential facility at Kurla (W) Premier Road. We offer a Diploma in General Nursing & Midwifery, Basic B.Sc. Nursing, Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing & Critical Care Nursing that is recognised by the Indian Nursing Council and ranks among the best in the country.
HFINE also affords student-nurses clinical experience at its parent institution, which is one of the country's best super-specialty hospitals the Holy Family Hospital in Bandra, Mumbai. This gives our student-nurses access to cutting-edge medical infrastructure and invaluable clinical exposure.
The world of medicine is not static. Every day sees the identification of new strains of disease, the refinement of diagnostic procedures and new technological developments to effectively treat the sick and ailing.
Consequently, the medical sector with super-speciality hospitals and other speciality medical institutions has increased the demands on nurses manifold. It has raised the bar for nurses, creating a need for professionals who can seamlessly adapt to the complex requirements of patient care.
Every year, 30 nurses graduate from HFINE, equipped to manage these critical responsibilities in a hi-tech environment, yet always bearing in mind that quality nursing is administered in the spirit of caring.
* The institute offers an educational programme that keeps abreast of the latest developments in medical science and state-of-the-art nursing practices. Our teaching methodology is constantly updated and fine-tuned to meet the real-world challenges of a profession that is constantly evolving.
* Our student-nurses receive the best clinical training at our parent institution, the Holy Family Hospital in Bandra, Mumbai. The hospital’s research centre, as well as its in-patient and out-patient referrals, provides a dynamic learning environment and hands-on experience with complex medical cases.
* On completion of the academic programme, every student-nurse receives a placement at the hospital. This ensures employment for our nurses as well as homogeneity in patient care and continuity in the hospital’s philosophy and objectives.
Admission commences in May-June every year and applications are accepted from across the country. HFINE is a minority institution but applicants are not assigned preference on grounds of caste, community or creed.
To maintain professional standards of excellence, HFINE follows a rigorous screening process that stresses academic merit as well as personal aptitude.
Details about our courses, faculty and facilities may be accessed on our website. You may also call us at the institute on Tel: 09819814045 / 09869175899 / 09967089635 or write to us at email@example.com.
The Holy Family College of Nursing strives to recognise in training Nurses with excellence, leadership and expertise to heal the suffering humanity with compassionate care. To focus on the challenges of a rapidly changing and culturally diverse health of individuals and communities worldwide.
Our Values are:
- We promote individuals development in order to prepare responsible citizens and competent professional nurses.
- We focus on Education and Training, Teaching and Learning, Research and Outreach Programs.
- Faith in God.
- Respect for life in all its stages.
- Compassionate and Competent Care.
- Professional competence.