“Holy Family Institute of Nursing Education (a Minority Institution), established in the year 2005, is a unit of The Bandra Holy Family Hospital Society”, which is a public Trust registered under the Bombay Public Trust Act, 1950, and is managed by its Trustees, all Sisters / members of the Religious Congregation of the “Ursulines of Mary Immaculate, founded by Blessed Brigida Morello in the year 1649 at Piacenza, Italy.
The parent Institution, Holy Family Hospital is situated at Bandra (W), a suburbs of Greater Mumbai. Its address : Holy Family Hospital, St. Andrews Road, Bandra (W), Mumbai – 400 050. It offers all the basic services of a General Hospital. Holy Family Hospital is a Research Centre, has a “Heart Institute” and is an accredited Multi Specialty Hospital with the NABH certified.
In addition, Holy Family hospital runs Outreach programs in urban and rural areas which have activities to raise the quality of life of women and children, especially in the health and educational fields.
Here & Now
The Holy family Institute of Nursing Education is permanently now placed in Kurla. The new premises now comprises of all the facilities and infrastructure needed for the courses it runs. The address is Holy Family Institute of Nursing Education, Premier Road, Kurla (W), Mumbai 400070, Maharashtra.
Trust & Hospital
HFINE is an independent institute of The Bandra Holy Family Hospital Society, which also administers the super-specialty Holy Family Hospital at Bandra in Mumbai. The institute's student-nurses receive their clinical experience and internship at this state-of-the-art medical facility, whose unenviable record in medical education and patient care has made it a leading brand in the country.
The Holy Family Hospital itself had humble beginnings, starting out as a private maternity nursing home run by a general practitioner in suburban Bandra. As the healthcare needs of the suburbs grew, the nursing home was handed over to the Medical Mission Sisters in 1953.
Rechristened the 'Holy Family Hospital', the institution set a tradition while catering to the needs of the suburbs and beyond. More than two decades later, the Medical Mission Sisters were ready to hand over the hospital to the Archbishop of Bombay.
The Archbishop finally conferred this privilege on the Congregation of the Ursulines of Mary Immaculate 1978. The hospital has since been nurtured and developed into one of the country's most coveted super-specialty medical institutions in the country.